In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time
- To request any of these changes, please call us at 1 (888) 697-0050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can end your association with CollegeWeekLive at any time
- CollegeWeekLive does not spam
Information We Do Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you register for CollegeWeekLive and at other times, you submit basic information such as your name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number and physical address. Additionally, we also ask you to submit additional information related to your college plans, including without limitation, year of graduation, high school or college, major, GPA, standardized test scores and the like. Some information is mandatory to register with and use the Site; other information is optional.
Information Collected Through Technology
We collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, when you visit our Site. The information we collect in this manner includes your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Site, and dates and times of Site visits. A cookie is a text file that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag or pixel tag, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Using these tools, we obtain clickstream data, which is a log of the content you visit while browsing our Site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent these cookies from collecting your personal information. Disabling cookies does not necessarily disable the use of pixel tags, web beacons and other technologies that collect information about your use of the Site.
Use of Information
We may use the Information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Create and manage your unique user account
- Provide services to you, including organizing and providing you with notice of online college fairs, informing you of scholarship opportunities, facilitating questions and answers regarding college admissions, financial aid and more
- Respond to and communicate with you about your questions and comments
- Ask you questions about our Site and our services
- Send you news and updates about the Site, our services and events of interest
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, and other offers
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Perform data analyses (including market research)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
Information We Share
We may share with third parties certain anonymized aggregated statistics about our users and their behavior while visiting our Site. We may include such data in reports made available to third parties, or to the general public. These reports will not identify individual users.
Information About Other People
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, you can provide email addresses of friends who may be interested in CollegeWeekLive. In these cases, we will use this information to contact these people for the purposes of increasing event attendance.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following data protections:
- If you want access to your data, or wish to correct or update your information, you can do so by emailing email@example.com If you would like to delete your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that we send at any time. You can use the unsubscribe link located within the footer of our communications.
- If we collected your information with consent, you can remove that consent at any time. To opt-out of other forms of communication, please contact us at email@example.com
- You have the right to restrict the processing or request a copy of your data. To exercise this choice, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you created an account prior to May 25th, 2018, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We will respond to all requests that we receive from persons wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance to data protection laws.
Chats and Message Boards
CollegeWeekLive offers chats and message boards. Please be advised that information posted in these venues may become public knowledge.
Compliance with Law and Safety
We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of CollegeWeekLive.com, PlatformQ, LLC, its affiliates or the public. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the relevant agency in doing so.
Minors. Access to and use of the Site and services is made available only to people who can form legally binding agreements under applicable law. The Site is intended for a general audience and is not intended to be used by minor children. Children accessing the Site should obtain the permission and assistance of a parent or legal guardian. If you allow your minor child or a child for whom you are a legal guardian (a "Minor"), to access the Site, you will be solely responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such Minor; (ii) monitoring such Minor's access to and use of the Site; and (iii) the consequences of any use of the Site by such Minor.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please call us at 1 (888) 697-0050 or email us at email@example.com
We reserve the right to share your information in connection with any corporate transaction, including any merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of stock and/or assets, or other corporate change or financing transaction including, whether during the course of any due diligence process or otherwise.
Data Storage and Security
The security of your personal information depends on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. CollegeWeekLive uses reasonable efforts to keep your personal information safe. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Site and your information, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to web sites owned and operated by third parties ("Third Party Sites"). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third Party Sites so that you understand how those web sites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third Party Sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via the Contact Us page, or by writing to:
c/o PlatformQ, LLC
100 Crescent Road
Needham, MA 02494