In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time
To request any of these changes, please call us at 1 (888) 697-0050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can end your association with CollegeWeekLive at any time
- CollegeWeekLive abides by all laws (such as the CAN-SPAM Act) in using your information
1. Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you register for CollegeWeekLive and at other times, you submit basic information such as your name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number and physical address. Additionally, we may ask you to submit information related to your college plans, including without limitation, year of graduation, high school or college, major, GPA, standardized test scores and the like. Some information is mandatory to register with and use the Site; other information is optional. In addition, we may sometimes ask you to provide us with various information for other purposes, such as to enter contests or sweepstakes, or receive other products, information and features.
Social media information
CollegeWeekLive may offer chat features, forums and message boards. Please be advised that information posted in these venues may become public knowledge, so do not post any information that might be sensitive, and please be careful with respect to what you choose to post publicly.
Information Collected Passively, Through Technology
Cookies and Web Beacons
We collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, when you visit our Site. The information we collect in this manner includes your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Site (such as what pages you view, and what links you click on), and dates and times of Site visits.
A cookie is a text file that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag or pixel tag, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Using these tools, we obtain clickstream data, which is a log of the content you visit while browsing our Site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can often change your browser settings to prevent these cookies from collecting your personal information. Disabling cookies does not necessarily disable the use of pixel tags, web beacons and other technologies that collect information about your use of the Site.
Locally Stored Objects
The Services may employ locally stored objects ("LSOs") and other client-side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies, or in order to target ads, analyze ad performance, or perform user, website, or market analytics. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access Flash management tools from Adobe's website directly. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
2. Our Use of the Information
We may use the Information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Create and manage your unique user account
- Provide services to you, including organizing and providing you with notice of online college fairs, informing you of scholarship opportunities, facilitating questions and answers regarding college admissions, financial aid and more
- Respond to and communicate with you about your questions and comments
- Ask you questions about our Site and our Services
- Send you news and updates about the Site, our Services and events of interest
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, and other offers
- Send you offers and ads for our products and services, when you browse the Site or other Sites on the Internet
- Send you offers and ads for products and services of partner brands, or other offers we believe may be of interest to you.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Perform data analyses (including market research)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- We may combine the Information with other information we obtain from third parties, publicly available sources, and any other product or service we provide to further improve the relevance and effectiveness of products, services, and advertisements offered, including (but not limited to), those provided on or through the Services.
We may use any of the above Information in de-identified, anonymized or aggregated form for online marketing, including to show you (or help other companies to show you) display ads that may be more relevant to you. Sometimes, this involves sharing de-identified or anonymous identifiers with partners, such as advertising or other media platforms. For instance, we may use or share de-identified data you have provided to us (for instance, a unique ID) with an advertising platform to assist colleges or universities to provide you with anonymous online offers, through ads served when you browse the internet.
3. Information We Share
- We may share the Information with service providers who help us deliver the services you request, such as (but not limited to) hosting providers, chat room personnel and operators, credit card processors, technology and customer support services, analytics providers, market research and data management or data enhancement services. We furnish service providers with the information needed for them to perform these services.
- We may share the Information with our corporate affiliates, advertising and marketing companies and platforms that may wish to target you with products that may be relevant to your described interests or demographic profile, and other institutions that may wish to market to you directly (such as through direct mail, display media or email channels). For instance, this may include (but is not limited to) colleges and universities you have expressed an interest in, colleges and universities that are similar to those institutions, and other marketers that sell products related to the college and university experience.
- We may share with third parties certain anonymized or aggregated statistics about our users and their behavior while visiting our Site. We may include such data in reports made available to third parties, or to the general public. These reports will not identify individual users.
- We may share with third party platforms and providers (such as display media platforms or other advertising services) any of the Information we receive or collect, in de-identified, anonymized or aggregated form for online marketing, including to show you (or help other companies to show you) display ads that may be more relevant to you.
- We will disclose your personally identifiable information (or other Information) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of CollegeWeekLive.com, its affiliates or any other person. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose any Information to the requesting agency in doing so.
- If we or all or substantially all of our assets, are purchased by another company (such as in a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of stock and/or assets, or other corporate change or financing transaction), the Information in our possession will likely be transferred to the successor entity. We also may share the Information during the course of any due diligence process.
4. Information About Other People
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. such as your parent or guidance counselor. We may use this information to contact these people about content, opportunities and events that may be relevant to (as applicable) you or them.
5. Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following data protections:
- If you want access to your data, or wish to correct or update your information, you can do so by emailing email@example.com If you would like to delete your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that we send at any time. You can use the unsubscribe link located within the footer of our communications.
- If we collected your information with consent, you can remove that consent at any time. To opt-out of other forms of communication, please contact us at email@example.com
- You have the right to restrict the processing or request a copy of your data. To exercise this choice, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you created an account prior to May 25th, 2018, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We will respond to all requests that we receive from persons wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance to data protection laws.
6. Your Choices
7. Children Under 13
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use our Services. If you learn of someone under 13 that has submitted personal information to us, please contact us, so that we may delete that personal information from our database.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please call us at 1 (888) 697-0050 or email us at email@example.com
9. Data Storage and Security
The security of your personal information depends on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. CollegeWeekLive uses makes efforts to keep your personal information safe, as well. However, while we do take precautions against possible security breaches of our Site and your information, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will not occur.
11. Links to Other Web Sites
12. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via the "Contact Us" page on this Site, or by writing to:
100 Crescent Road
Needham, MA 02494