Boston, MA, November 9, 2011: CollegeWeekLive is proud to collaborate with the Pat Tillman Foundation and the Leadership Scholars Program to produce CollegeWeekLive Military Student Day, an interactive video event where military personnel and veterans can meet with college representatives. Servicemembers and their families are invited to attend this free event, explore college options, and have their questions answered.
Nearly 3 million servicemembers have transitioned back to civilian life over the past decade, and those who take advantage of the GI Bill face a myriad of unique challenges in the college search process. For current military personnel on bases across the globe, it is often impossible to visit colleges for the traditional college tours and Q&A sessions. Veterans also find it difficult to learn about the benefits available to them, their spouse, and their family.
“We are excited to leverage our platform to make veterans on college campuses and admissions reps from top schools available to servicemembers,” said Robert Rosenbloom, President and CEO of CollegeWeekLive. “I can’t think of a group of prospective students who could benefit more from the experience.”
In addition to learning about the application process and campus resources, it is also important for servicemembers to hear how other veterans have successfully made the transition to life on campus. “Our live video presentation at CollegeWeekLive Military Student Day will make three Tillman Military Scholars currently attending the University of Arizona available to share their experience with a wider audience than ever before,” said Hunter I Riley of the Pat Tillman Foundation.
Through collaboration with organizations such as the Leadership Scholars Program, CollegeWeekLive is providing Education Services Officers (ESOs) the opportunity to invite active duty military personnel to attend. Military bases from Camp Pendelton to Okinawa are including CollegeWeekLive Military Student Day in their college counseling process.
More than 50 colleges, including Arizona State University, NYU, Princeton and University of Illinois, will be available to meet with the servicemembers who attend CollegeWeekLive Military Student Day on December 1st.
Complimentary registration is available at http://www.collegeweeklive.com/en_CA/br/Military_Day
Date: Thursday, December 1st
Location: Online, at www.collegeweeklive.com
• Amherst College
• Arizona State University
• Azusa Pacific University
• Brown Mackie College
• Burlington College
• California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
• Colgate University
• Colorado State University
• Columbia University
• Duquesne University
• Eastern Kentucky University
• Ferris State University
• Florida Institute of Technology
• Florida Tech University Online
• Fort Hays State University
• Georgia Southern University
• Great Lakes Maritime Academy
• Humboldt State University
• Indiana Tech
• Johnson and Wales University, Providence
• Long Island University, Brooklyn
• Miami Dade College
• Mississippi State University
• Nazareth College
• New York Institute of Technology
• New York University
• Niagara County Community College
• Northeastern University – College of Professional Studies
• Northern Michigan University • Park University • Princeton University • Sacred Heart University • Saint Louis University • St. John's College • Texas A&M University • The Art Institute • The College of St. Scholastica • United States Air Force Academy • University of Colorado, Boulder • University of Houston • University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign • University of Louisville • University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill • University of South Florida • University of Texas at Brownsville • Washington State University • Western Michigan University • and more…
CollegeWeekLive (http://www.CollegeWeekLive.com) provides the world's largest college fairs and online admissions events. With hundreds of colleges and universities exhibiting and more than 350,000 registrants, CollegeWeekLive revolutionizes college admissions, making the process easier and more cost-effective by bringing students, parents, counselors and colleges together online, transcending time and distance. The company’s admissions events have been featured on Fox, ABC News, USA Today, The Washington Post, The New York Times and The Korea Times. CollegeWeekLive is produced by PlatformQ, whose mission is to connect people, companies, organizations and associations worldwide to meet, interact and learn from leading experts and thought leaders through proven interactive tools at online events.
CollegeWeekLive and PlatformQ are trademarks of PlatformQ, LLC. All other trademarks or service marks are property of their respective owners.
If you are a member of the media and would like to hear more about CollegeWeekLive, please contact Press(at)CollegeWeekLive.com. Colleges and universities or student services providers interested in participating should contact 617.938.6023 or Exhibit(at)CollegeWeekLive.com.