CollegeWeekLive is changing the world of college admissions. Our unique platform enables 300+ colleges and universities to have live, interactive sessions with prospective students at every stage of the application process. Throughout the year we host online college fairs, virtual open houses, and special events, providing students with access to colleges and universities, $3 million in scholarships, and advice from leading authors and education specialists. Our admissions events have been featured on Fox, ABC News, USA Today, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Univision, and NBC. One in three college-bound students now uses CollegeWeekLive to navigate their college search and the company has strategic partnerships with the U.S. State Department, U.S. Department of Education and numerous state education agencies.
The Vice President of Marketing will lead CollegeWeekLive’s efforts of being the market leader in providing an online, live and interactive engagement platform for college recruitment. This role will have three primary responsibilities:
- Lead and manage CollegeWeekLive’s audience acquisition strategy by developing a broad and innovative marketing strategy that leverages all appropriate channels for attracting high school students and their parents from around the world.
- Lead and manage CollegeWeekLive’s B2B strategy, by developing the right messaging and campaigns to accelerate sales growth
- As member of the executive team, participate in defining the longer term strategy for CollegeWeekLive.
Leadership and day-to-day management responsibilities include:
- Define overall marketing strategies, tactics and analysis that grow this unique offering.
- Build, manage and mentor a high performing marketing team.
- Build and maintain marketing budget to ensure maximum results for financial and human capital available
- Drive audience acquisition using a multitude of methods -- including email, interactive marketing, social media, referral programs and other campaigns, running simultaneously.
- Provide input into product direction and planning that drives audience acquisition and retention
- Develop metrics and insightful analytics that support product development, audience acquisition and retention, and development of relevant partner relationships.
- Identify outbound marketing and communications that engage the audience; optimizing creative design, website operations, campaign process, and presentation strategies.
- Understand the user experience and enhance it, maximizing key engagement metrics.
- Determine data analysis needs to support all marketing initiatives relative to supporting the brand development, customer acquisition and retention.
- Drive the analysis of market segments to actively pursue, the definition of buying personas and their hierarchy of needs.
- Create messaging map for various different personas aligned with CollegeWeekLive’s products and services as well as buyer pain points and needs.
- Ensure regular delivery of content pieces that demonstrate CollegeWeekLives’ thought leadership in the industry, resulting in higher brand awareness
- Develop compelling positioning and messaging for all CollegeWeekLive products.
- Partner with Sales to deliver the right material to position CollegeWeekLive’s products effectively, including pitch decks, white papers, sales sheets, videos and more.
- As a member of the executive team, positively shape the company culture to shape a team that is energized by growth in revenue, market share, audience and valuation.
This position requires a smart, accomplished marketing executive with an entrepreneurial instinct or nature; one who sees potential and wants to seize it. This leader must think big but also be very good at tactics. One must be experienced with consumer goods or services with a strong online presence, ideally for the youth market. A minimum of 10 years of relevant marketing experience with at least 5 years at the senior or executive level is required. Working within a youth focused business is particularly helpful. Experience driving audience engagement and/or customer acquisition is critical.
Other desirable characteristics include:
- Impact on the growth of a business with profitable performance. The candidate has clearly created value with a product, service or company.
- Knowledge of the higher education admissions process
- Start-up company experience, ideally a web-based business.
- Marketing program development that creates a strong community of users.
- A display of business acumen whereby one operates in the context of the whole business - not just from within the 4 walls of marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong relationship with a sales team.
- Experience hiring, managing, and mentoring a team with various levels of experience.
- The ability to “push the envelope” and a passion to excel.
- Partnership and deal structure experience with online and offline providers.
- Management of a large SEO/SEM effort.
- Experience forecasting and tracking budget spending and allocations.
- Thinks big and creatively; envisions possibilities. Sees and appreciates the future. Jazzed by the next stage of the Internet for emerging generation.
- Confident leader with strong execution skills.
- Rolls up sleeves as needed. Genuine, honest, and caring style.
- Analytically rigorous; metric oriented. Loves to analyze and optimize.
- Motivated; passion to excel, hunger to win, and motivated by change.
- Articulate, excellent communicator.
- Proactive problem solver; thoughtfully pushes which stimulates good for the company.
- Thinks both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Organized, detail-oriented, results-oriented, thorough, and accountable.
- Deals well with ups and downs of a small company. Doesn’t get frustrated easily with adversity.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree is preferred.
It is expected that this position will entail travel of less than 5%
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Health & wellness benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- 401K matching
- Long-term disability coverage
- Great location walking distance to Commuter Rail and Needham Center
PlatformQ, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices.
Contact Information: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Needham, MA
Position Type: Full-Time Position